When in Miami, my favorite breakfast is an empanada and a Cafe con Leche. Recently, we stayed in Coral Gables. Our routine was to wake up, walk to Graziano’s Market on Galliano and eat breakfast sitting outside. I would leisurely sip on my cafe with steaming milk. Empanadas are baked turnovers filled with a variety of things. My favorite was the ham and cheese in a crescent shaped and the ham, cheese and tomato. The one picture is ground beef. Since these empanadas are Argentinean, they were baked, not fried with flaky, golden crust. It was the perfect way to start each morning.
Tag Archives: Latin food
About Me and this Blog
I am passionate about food! I blog about finds and dishes that I have eaten in the Washington, D.C. area and other places I have traveled. It's not about the restaurants, but the dishes that are unique and are special in some way.
Annadale VA Arlington VA bakery ballpark beer Burgers cake Celebrity Chefs Chicago IL chicken fried bacon cuban deli desserts donuts Falls Church VA Florida food truck Frederick MD gastropub gelato Good Luck Foods greek ice cream italian Las Vegas NV Latin food Miami FL milkshake Napa CA New Years old town Alexandria VA pizza popup sandwiches san francisco CA sorbet soup St. Pete's Beach FL summer sweet dessert tacos Tasting Menu thai travel washington dc
- @ChristineGV @LivingSocial @BiteofDC yeah. No email to let anyone know. Bad news! 1 day ago
- RT @ChristineGV: Class move, @livingsocial for failing to tell us that @BiteofDC cancelled their 11a session. 1 day ago
- Great news @GreatAmerRest Check out my blog entry. Yes, it IS one of my favorites! wp.me/p2a2Xp-x 2 days ago
- @GreatAmerRest I'm there! 2 days ago
- @GreatAmerRest When are you going to get the Berry Shortcake? Its awesome! 2 days ago